Yoga Alliance is the largest non-profit association representing the yoga community, with over 7,000 Registered Yoga Schools (RYS) and more than 100,000 Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) from the US and around the world.
Its certification of Yoga Teachers and Yoga Schools is the most widely recognized voluntary non-profit credentialling organization in a world with no official governing body.
AYC Director Rob Walker has the highest YA certification, the 500-hour experienced registered yoga teacher certification. Other faculty have different certifications with Yoga Alliance such as Sara Villamil’s registration to train pre- and post-natal teachers.
Most credible Yoga Schools like The Alberta Yoga College operate within its teaching guidelines and codes of conduct in running our 200-hour trainings three times a year.
Its work includes:
- Celebrating and uplifting many diverse yoga styles, traditions, and lineages;
- Advocating for self-regulation in the yoga industry and universal access to high quality, safe, accessible, and equitable yoga practices
- Upholding the worldwide growth of yoga through education and community
- Encouraging safe yoga instruction through specific standards, a Code of Conduct and Scope of Practice
- Providing tools for professional growth and development, exclusive benefits, and timely resources
- Providing yoga schools and yoga teachers with effective business practices to achieve success
While our graduates receive Yoga Alliance certificates, they are not obligated to join Yoga Alliance, although they are encouraged to do so tp stay up to industry standards and educational opportunities.
To find out more about our Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training click here: Yoga Teacher Training
or to register click here: Enroll Now